State Park, Trail Info, Lodging, Driving Directions (also see park map at bottom)
Race Rules & Course Flagging: (read & heed)
Email List: (join for race updates)
USSMA License Apply (
Registration [not yet updated for 2020-21]
FOR 2020-21 SEASON, USSMA LICENSE IS MANDATORY, WITH NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION -- CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
2020 Schedule for February 27 (Saturday):
9:30 = Registration closes and pre-race briefing begins, followed immediately by start.
1:30 = Finish timing cutoff.
2:30 = Results, with prizes and free pizza for all, PNA Hall
CLICK HERE FOR PANDEMIC RACE DAY SCHEDULE AND SUPPLEMENTAL RACE RULES ACROSS ALL VENUES
Shorter Recreational Course = up to 3 cycles, bypassing bootpack by following orange flagging.
- This backcountry ski race is entirely self-supported (no aid stations).
- Ski patrollers are on duty, but far longer response & extrication times than resort.
- Back-up venue for unfavorable snowpack conditions is Berkshire East.
[Click in top right of map below to open in CalTopo for detailed course data.]
- As shown below, from West Road, turn onto Gould Road
- Instead of continuing straight onto Thiel Road, sharp left to stay on Gould Road, alongside which you can park on the right.
- Registration & bib pick-up at the map's starred gazebo location, which is visible from the road.
- Facilities are limited to nonexistent, so consider stopping first in town (examples here & here).