Weather Forecast & Hourly Weather Graph
State Park, Trail History, Lodging, Driving Directions (also see park map at bottom)
Race Rules & Course Flagging: (read & heed)
Email List: (join for race updates)
USSMA License Apply (mandatory for full competitive course)
Registration: (morning-of race also available for add'l $10)
2020 Schedule for February 22 (Saturday):
9:00 = Registration & bib pick-up opens, Greylock Glen gazebo (see park map below).
9:30 = Registration & bib pick-up closes; pre-race briefing begins.
9:35 = Group skin up ~230' vert (follow pink flags) to start / ski>skin transition / finish.
9:55 = Approximate start time.
2:00 = Finish timing cutoff.
3:00 = Results, with prizes, raffle, and free pizza for all, PNA Hall.
- This backcountry ski race is entirely self-supported (no aid stations).
- Ski patrollers are on duty, but far longer response & extrication times than resort.
- Also recommend bringing larger backpack (in addition to race pack) w/ warmer clothes & extra food/water for waiting before/after the race at start/finish.
Shorter Recreational Course = up to 3 cycles of circuit skipping bootpack.
[Click in top right of map below to open in CalTopo for detailed course data.]
- As shown below, from West Road, turn onto Gould Road
- Instead of continuing straight onto Thiel Road, sharp left to stay on Gould Road, alongside which you can park on the right.
- Registration & bib pick-up at the map's starred gazebo location, which is visible from the road.
- Facilities are limited to nonexistent, so consider stopping first in town (examples here & here).